Mission Statement

The Rant's mission is to offer information that is useful in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, and everyday life.

Thursday, May 4, 2023

My Trip To Wapelhorst Park on Meugge Rd. in St. Charles, Missouri, USA

Yesterday, I took a trip to Wapelhorst Park in St. Charles, Missouri, USA. I've lived in the St. Charles area for almost my whole 54 years of existence. And yet, as shocking as this may sound, I have never been there. So I wasn't expecting a whole lot. Even after I did some research on the Internet and looked at a few maps, I thought, "Sure, it is really big (78 acres), and it is known for its impressive aquatic center, which is not even open until May 27, but the maps make it seem boring." So I thought it would just be this closed down aquatic center, with a trail that meanders around 78 acres of boring nothingness.

I was pleasantly surprised. In this fourth post of "My Trip To..." series of illustrated essays on places to go in St. Charles, I stumbled upon what was to be my favorite park in St. Charles, so far. There is a lot to look at and do at Wapelhorst Park: several good-sized pavilions to rent, with electricity, grills, and scenic surroundings; a couple good-sized baseball diamonds; two soccer fields; a beautiful lake with a gazebo to hang out at; and an extensive and accessible paved trail system.

I took the photos shown below, as in my previous posts in this series, for the St. Charles Parks Photo Contest (PHOTO SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, JULY 14, 2023.), though (again) this was more of a scouting mission and a chance to shoot a video for my YouTube channel, because like in the previous parts of this series, I feel it may be a bit too early in the spring to get any real contending shots, because the foliage on the tress still has not come out to its full extent, and the flower beds are still bare. But I still managed to get off a few nice shots. And below is the Youtube video I created of the excursion.

Out on the Town with Big Chuck from St. Charles: The YouTube Video of My Trip To Wapelhorst Park

The entrance to Wapelhorst Park


This is a shot from the paved trail at Wapelhorst with the nice residential neighborhood houses to the left at the back end of the baseball diamonds.

This is a shot of the Kettering Road access trail, which leads into the residential neighborhood that borders the park.

This is a bridge in the scenic, wooded section of the paved trail at Wapelhorst.

Here's another shot of the trail meandering through the woods at the park

This might be a good place to revisit later in the season when the foliage of the trees comes out a bit more before the July 14 submission deadline for the photo contest.

Though this camera angle is a bit messed up, this too may be a promising spot to return to in a month or two to take a photo for the contest.

This is from one of the several large pavilions that are for rent at Wapelhorst; beautiful place to enjoy an outdoor party, or any type of communal gathering, in the summer, spring, or fall. I'm not a fan of winter

Here is another bridge on the Wapelhorst Trail that crosses the tiny creek flowing through the park.

end

No comments:

Post a Comment

Accounting: The Language of Business - Vol. 2 (Intermediate: Part 145)

2 Corinthians 8:21 "Money should be handled in such a way that is defensible against any accusation" Short-Term Operating Assets: ...