Mission Statement

The Rant's mission is to offer information that is useful in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, and everyday life.

Friday, May 24, 2019

How to Start a Home Care Business: The Proposal (part 3)



THE GOD FREQUENCY | Remove Self Limiting Beliefs | 963 Hz | Kundalini Energy


After I started listening to this, I thought, "Hmmm, this is nice. Everyone always leaves such nice inspirational comments under these clips. Maybe I should do my part." So I left this comment:
Been going through kind of a crazy uncertain time over here. As I listen to this I'm working on a business proposal for a small home-based business, hoping for a little providence and a lot of guidance! Whatever works! hehe
Then I completed my last post, part 2 of The Proposal while I listened to THE GOD FREQUENCY above, and then went to sleep.

Image result for greek mythology

So I woke up this morning and immediately started doing research on how to get this business up and running by going to the website IHS and CDC Proposal Information to get some ideas about how I was going to proceed for the day in my quest; to get it all straight in my mind. After doing some research at that site it seemed the first thing I should do is focus on setting up my business entity so that I could get a fictitious name and register it with the Secretary of State.

I didn't really know what I was doing, so I went to this website Missouri Business Portal to maybe get a better idea of how to proceed. So as luck would have it, I came across this link Starting a Business - Missouri Secretary of State, which is awesome because it tells you exactly step-by-step what you need to do to create a business entity. But, it also advised that before I contact the Secratary of State, I should talk to a lawyer or a C.P.A. to figure what kind of business entity I want to set up (sole-proprietorship, LLC, or whatever).

Now I don't really know any lawyers or C.P.As, but I do have a friend that owns a siding business. So I called him to see if he could refer me to his C.P.A. or give me some tips on how to proceed in setting up a business entity. He didn't answer, but I got his voicemail and left a message telling him what I was up to and to ask for some help and told him to call me back.

At that point, I got busy with something else and wanted to get some exercise so I had a pretty good, vigorous, 1-hour-long, light-wight, high-rep workout. It felt good. I got the blood flowing.

Related image


I Still hadn't heard back from my buddy Rob, so I called him again and this time he answered. He hadn't heard my message but saw that I called. So I explained everything to him about what I was up to and how the Secretary of State's website told me I should talk to a lawyer or C.P.A. to see what kind of business entity I should set up, so I asked if I could talk to his CPA. 

Rob gave me some good advice and said what I need to do is go to our local tax assessor's office or call him or go to the website and tell them that I want to fill out the form for a fictitious name and that I wanted to set up my business entity as a sole proprietorship since its a very small business and this has very low start-up costs. I really wouldn't need to get the more expensive LLC entity. Sweet. I had my answer and I didn't even have to consult a lawyer or C.P.A. But there is still tons of really good info on this site Starting a Business - Missouri Secretary of State that I plan to go over in the next post.

And then, I noticed someone had responded to my comment that I made about the above mentioned Youtube clip. She wrote:
Awesome! I started my own home based business this year. It's tough but worth it. What are you starting a business in?
I thought to myself, "Huh, well answering this chick's reply will be a good chance to get all this straightened out in my head and I can put my written response in my blog to help aim me in the right direction. So I responded:
Its being a Medicaid home health services provider for disabled and elderly people. To be a Medicaid provider, I have to jump through a bunch of hoops for licensing, like writing and submitting this proposal, setting up as a business entity with my fictitious name with the tax assessor's office and the Secretary of State, take a certification class. It's a lot but I'm just taking it a day at a time, doing first things first, and one thing at a time. Right now just focusing on this proposal. On Monday I was going to call the tax assessor about setting up the business entity and getting the right forms to fill out. Making a little progress every day.
What's your business?
Related image

And while I was writing that, I got another response to my comment. This guy wrote:
Charles Lamson good luck , I wish you well in your endeavour ☺️
To which I responded:
Thanks
And proceeded to finish this post.

end

No comments:

Post a Comment