Mission Statement

The Rant's mission is to offer information that is useful in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, and everyday life.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Day 14 of The Thirty Day Proactive Test

Day One-Four

Click to see Improper Dancing Viking.
9:00 PM

I got another blessing from my Don today. Well let me tell you, that Don's blessing did not go to waste. Right away I got in touch with the Atlantic City neighborhood and ordered the construction crew to get started on the renovation of the library. It should only take about seven or eight days though. However, my units were gobbling up all my cash so, first, I had to send them out on a mission to attack The Imperial States Building so I could free up some money for my little home improvement project.

It is a delicate balance with The Boss. He likes us to keep our properties looking good. Otherwise, it reflects poorly on him. However, we cannot make our estates look too good. We cannot outshine The Boss or attract unwanted attention, because that reflects poorly on him as well. So once you get to a certain level, it is always a good idea to get a Don's blessing first before you do any renovations.



A blessing is especially important in the expansion of our libraries, because, among other things, this is where our proficiency tests are held. Well, not in the library itself. Most often our shooting ranges are in soundproof basements built under the library. This makes sense once you know that our units must pass a series of written tests as well as prove proficiency in the martial arts, with and without weapons, as well as various other types of "Black Arts" and "Dirty Tricks" they are required to learn, oftentimes, the "hard way," if they want to be promoted.

The report just came in. I am pleased to announce our attack on The Imperial States Building was a success with minimal loss of life. I got a new Harley out of the deal. I only lost 59 snipers, but I took out 30 of their Black Widows and 34 of their Assassins. Plus, I gained respect and power and that is what this game is all about, my friends.

Still kind of fighting off this staph infection. I spent most of the day sleeping. I just started having my morning coffee now in the 9 'O clock hour this evening, and I was able to take care of a little monkey business. Hopefully enough to keep The Don happy. He is an understanding guy, magnanimous, as far as bosses go. However, you do not want to push him too far, because when he snaps, he can turn into a real hard-ass.



Anyway, since I got such a late start on the day, I feel like there is not a whole lot to report on the Thirty Day Proactive Test. Except that I went to the Buddhist chat room. It is not good. They still have fifteen days to get their house in order or else there will be a mini-purge. Two or three agitators will have to take dirt naps if these people cannot clean their own house, but once they are taken out, I am sure the chill effect will get everybody in line.

I did not get a chance to read any of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People today. However, I should not be too hard on myself I guess. Despite not feeling so well, I got up and put a little work in for The Don. I made my daily blog entry which is a part of The Thirty Day Proactive Test. Furthermore, it is worth noting that I did not behave reactively when my outside stimulus was not very pleasant with these Buddhists. I feel I responded proactively to that stimulus, because I went right to that gap between stimulus and response, where the freedom to choose how I respond to outside stimuli is located, and I chose to get outside of that situation and view things from an objective point of view and respond to those raving lunatics with a calm head.

Click to see who gives the orders here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Accounting: The Language of Business - Vol. 2 (Intermediate: Part 145)

2 Corinthians 8:21 "Money should be handled in such a way that is defensible against any accusation" Short-Term Operating Assets: ...