Mission Statement

The Rant's mission is to offer information that is useful in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, and everyday life.

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Day 8 Of The 30 Day Proactive Test

Day Eight


Hank 3 and banjo guy

9:35 AM

I am drinking coffee, listening to NPR and trying to plan out what types of proactive things I am going to do on this eighth day of The 30 Day Proactive Test. For now, I am going to drink some more coffee and read some more of Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I discovered some exercises at the end of Chapter 1 that I have not done yet. So I thought that might make fun blog material.


10:12 AM

I was reading about affirmations in Covey's book. I came across this part that I thought my blog readers might find interesting, if you are into writing affirmations. I am paraphrasing but this can be found on page 133 of 7 Habits. 

There are five basic ingredients in a good affirmation: it is personal, it is positive, it is present tense, it is visual and it is emotional. For example, we might write something like this: "It is deeply satisfying (emotional) to me (personal) that I respond (present tense) with wisdom, love, firmness and self-control (positive) when my children misbehave.

Then visualize it. Spend a few minutes each day to think about ways in which your children might misbehave. Visualize this in rich detail. Feel the texture of the chair you might be sitting on, the floor under your feet, the sweater you have on, see the dress your daughter is wearing, the expression on her face. The more clearly and vividly the detail can be imagined, the more deeply it will be experienced.



Diamond Dave comin' atcha!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Accounting: The Language of Business - Vol. 2 (Intermediate: Part 145)

2 Corinthians 8:21 "Money should be handled in such a way that is defensible against any accusation" Short-Term Operating Assets: ...