Mission Statement

The Rant's mission is to offer information that is useful in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, and everyday life.

Friday, April 1, 2016

Day Two of 30 Day Proactive Test

This is Day 2 of The 30 Day Proactive Test. Apparently, I drank way too much coffee on Day 1, because it is 2:05 AM of Day 2 and I am laying in bed wide awake with my Chromebook, watching an M.I.A. video (click the link at the bottom) and preparing my daily entry for my 30-day journalistic endeavor chronicling this self-help exercise espoused by Stephen J. Covey in his book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I do recommend clicking on the below link by the way. I think it is appropriate for what I am doing here. The plan is to make this somewhat of a multimedia presentation, incorporating video clips, audio clips, music and the visual arts to augment the use of print media.

Since I am wide awake anyway, I plan to get out of bed to work on this daily blog of mine. Here I go.


3:22 AM

Day 1 of the 30 Day Proactive Test has already created quite a shitstorm. I hang out in this Buddhist chat room, and I have for 13 years. I have been talking to my online Buddhist friends and it turns out this is a very controversial idea among them. There are a lot of very strong personalities in this group. There is a lot of alpha-male, pissing-contest bullshit compounded by a lot of mental illness that goes on with these motherfuckers. It is some sick shit.

Anyway, I digress. This is an exercise in proactivity. So, the plan for today is to focus on this notion of "beginning with the end" in mind. I am going to do some more reading of Covey's work and try to prepare my own personal mission statement and then post this on my blog before the day is out. I do not know if I will actually get that much done today, but that is the goal.


5:34 AM

I did the reading and I am not quite sure if I am going to be able to get all the things done mentioned above and still be able to post on my blog before day's end. I have other things to do today as well. So I figured I would go ahead and just post what I have right now and if I have time later on and I am able to finish that stuff, I will post it. So stay tuned and thank you for reading this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Accounting: The Language of Business - Vol. 2 (Intermediate: Part 145)

2 Corinthians 8:21 "Money should be handled in such a way that is defensible against any accusation" Short-Term Operating Assets: ...