Mission Statement

The Rant's mission is to offer information that is useful in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, and everyday life.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Day 7 Of 30 Day Proactive Test

I Am Depressed

Those were good times.

It is Day 7

I am bummed out. I am coming down from a manic high. So I am going to drink coffee and read 7 Habits until I meet with my apartment manager at 10:00 AM.

11:35 AM

My meeting with the manager went well. 

So I find I am starting to flounder a bit on this 30 Day Proactive Test. It all started as somewhat of a lark. I was going through some shit and I figured a good self-help book might be in order. So I started reading Covey's book. It just so happens that during this time, I was hanging out in a Buddhist chat room with two other dudes. We were bitching about something or another and so I sarcastically proposed that we all take part in this 30 day Proactive Test that I had just read about for the very first time.

So it turns out I was just spewing bullshit for seven days. I have no idea what a Proactivity Test is. So I had to hit the books and go back to Chapter 1.

Proactivity Defined

Proactivity means more than taking initiative. It means we are responsible for our own lives. Highly proactive people do not blame circumstances, conditions or conditioning for their behavior.

We are by nature proactive. If we are controlled by conditioning and conditions it is because we have by conscious decision or by default, chosen to give power to those things.

In making such a choice, we become reactive.


Proactivity - The 30 Day Test

Test the principal of proactivity for thirty days. Keep small commitments you have made. Be a light, a model and part of the solution.

I also discovered some exercises at the end of Chapter 1 that I overlooked before. So that should provide some blog-fodder for the next couple days or so.




It is a beautiful day on planet Earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Accounting: The Language of Business - Vol. 2 (Intermediate: Part 145)

2 Corinthians 8:21 "Money should be handled in such a way that is defensible against any accusation" Short-Term Operating Assets: ...