Mission Statement

The Rant's mission is to offer information that is useful in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, and everyday life.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Day 34 of The 30 Day Proactive Test

Click to see Rich Piana talk about the meaning behind his tattoos.

Day 34

Introduction

3:30 PM

It has been a long day. I am feeling tired. I was in pain earlier but I took a couple pills, drank some coffee and read some more of 7 habits by Stephen R. Covey. I just have the afternoon blah lack of energy thing going on. I feel like taking a nap but I know I cannot. I just cannot sleep worth a shit anymore, now that I am becoming an old man. I did not sleep that great last night. Maybe that is part of the problem. Maybe Rich Piana is right. Maybe it is the carbs in my diet making me crash. Maybe it is this infection. My body is fighting it off and making me tired.

I am feeling a lot better though. I have been laying in the hospital the last seven days, soaking up an IV antibiotic called "Vankomycin" like an infected sponge. So, I think the infection is mostly gone, but I think there is still  a tiny bit there. So the plan is to keep me here another day or two to soak up moire vankomycin goodness before they send me home. 


Living It

If Habit 1 says, "you are the programmer," and Habit 2 says, "write the program," then Habit 3 says, "run the program," "live the program." Living it is primarily a function of our independent will, our self-discipline, our integrity and commitment---not to short-term goals or schedules or to the impulse of the moment but to the correct principles and our own deepest values which give meaning and context to our goals, our schedules and our lives.


So this brings us to Habit 3 exercises at the end of Chapter 3.

Application Suggestions:

1. Identify a Quadrant 2 activity you know has been neglected in your life---one that, if done well, would have a significant impact in your life, either personally or professionally. Write it down and commit to implement it.

Okay, well one thing I have been meaning to do when I got more time was to write up a business plan so that I could expand my small home-based home healthcare business, which currently employs two part-time home healthcare workers. So, I wrote it down and now I am committing to implement it

So there some more Habit 3 exercises that I would like to write about in the blog, but it is dinner time, and I do not know if I will be able to get to it today. So this may be a small blog-entry day.


Summary

6:46 PM

Okay, I am tired. I am going to call it a day. On tomorrow's blog I plan to do more work on Habit 3 by doing a couple more of those exercises at the end of Chapter 3. So until then, have a lovely day and a pleasant tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Accounting: The Language of Business - Vol. 2 (Intermediate: Part 145)

2 Corinthians 8:21 "Money should be handled in such a way that is defensible against any accusation" Short-Term Operating Assets: ...