Mission Statement

The Rant's mission is to offer information that is useful in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, and everyday life.

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Day Thirty-Two of The Thirty Day Proactive Test

Day 32

Click to see another installment of Bigger By The Day with Rich Piana.

Introduction

11:36 AM

It is Sunday. Happy Sabbath day to all! It is Day 32 of the 30 day proactive test. I am still in the hospital, but i am feeling much better. It turns out that I have this antibiotic resistant strain of kidney infection (ouch!) that can only be treated with IV antibiotics. So I will be in the hospital for at least a couple more days. But that's cool. It just gives me more time to work on my blog and continue my in-depth analysis of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey.

Today, I plan to do more work on Habit 3 (put first things first). But before I do that, I must tell you, my discomfort is starting to return, due to this kidney infection. One of the cool things about being in the hospital is all the great drugs. In about another 20 minutes I get to take a huge shot of dilaudid. So until then, I plan to do some deep breathing exercises. Then I will get my shot, get high as shit and continue writing.


1:45 PM


I had a nice lunch, a nice rest and a nice shot of dilauded. I have been talking a lot lately in this blog about starting my personal mission statement. One of my goals for this week is to write a rough draft of my personal mission statement. I plan to look at some mission statements online and use this as a template to create my rough draft. Here goes.



Personal Mission Statement (Rough Draft)

My mission is to live with integrity and make a difference in the lives of others.

To fulfill this mission:

I live with the principle of charity:
I seek out and love the individual, each individual, despite this person's individual situation.

I live with the principle of sacrifice:My time, my talent and my resources are all devoted to my mission.

I live to inspire:By example, I teach that we are all children in a universe where the potential for learning is infinite.

I make an impact:What I do affects others.

In achieving my mission, these roles take priority:
Neighbor:Kindness is visible through my actions toward others.

Agent of Change:For developing high performance in large organizations, I am a catalyst.

Scholar:Every day I learn fun and important new things.

Alright. Creating the rough draft of that personal mission went a lot faster and easier than I anticipated. I am glad I took out the time to sort of ponder it and ruminate about the whole thing, and absorb some more of Covey's teachings before I set out to do it.




Click to see Rich Piana talk about his craziest steroid cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Accounting: The Language of Business - Vol. 2 (Intermediate: Part 145)

2 Corinthians 8:21 "Money should be handled in such a way that is defensible against any accusation" Short-Term Operating Assets: ...