Mission Statement

The Rant's mission is to offer information that is useful in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, and everyday life.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Day 55

Day 55 of The Thirty Day Proactive Test

Conclusion of The Proactive Test

I have not published anything on this blog in five days. I finished reading Covey's 7 Habits weeks back but I wanted to squeeze all the self-help goodness I could out of that book. So I decided to continue the 30 Day Proactive Test, Covey suggests as a Habit 1 (be proactive) exercise, with the intent being to do an in-depth analysis of Covey's work on this blog and doing the exercises at the end of each chapter as the main components of my Proactive Test.
My gut is telling me it is time to move on. I have rode this horse about as far as it will take me. 

All in all, I was rather unimpressed. It all just seemed pretty common sense to me. I think it was overrated. It is stuff you can find in just about any business management textbook, but I must say the Thirty Day Proactive Test was not a complete wash. It got me to do a lot of work on this blog which I had been procrastinating to do for some time, and my page views increased dramatically. So in that regard I was proactive and saw very tangible results. And, I have been a lot more proactive about my health.
So it is time to move on. Analysis complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Love - Friday, May 17, 2024