Mission Statement

The Rant's mission is to offer information that is useful in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, and everyday life.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Day 45 of The Thirty Day



Day 45 of The Thirty Day Proactve Test:

Friday Night at The Movies With Charles Lamson

The Introduction

I read a little today in Covey's book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, aside from that, I did absolutely nothing proactive. Okay well I shaved. I guess that could be considered proactive in some lazy stoner-type circles. And I am working on my blog which is all about proactivity. That in itself is pretty god damn proactive.

Body:

6:37 PM

I have been very reactive today. I just laid around and watched old western movies on Youtube.

Later That Day 

Day 45 of The Thirty Day Proactive Test

7:00 PM

I have spent way too much time on Habit 3.




 So as far as this blog goes, I believe it is time to move on to Habit 4.
However, before I do that, I suppose I wanted to spend a bit more time on Habit 3, because I wanted to go back to yesterday's blog where I was talking about my roles and goals for the week. One of my weekly goals as the guy who runs this awesome blog was to create a rough draft  of a mission statement for The Rant with Charles Lamson . So here goes!

Mission Statement (What You Do): A one-sentence statement describing the reason an organization or program exists and used to help guide decisions about priorities, actions, and responsibilities (stuff I stole from the internet).
Many nonprofit mission statements succumb to an over use of words in general, but especially jargon.  Good mission statements should be clear, memorable, concise. Some might also add “inspiring” to the list of descriptors. I don’t altogether disagree, but I find that including this as an upfront criteria often ends up with a Frankenstein that is part mission, part vision statement (desired end-state), and almost always too long (stuff I stole from the internet).
Okay so this is the rough draft of the mission statement for The Rant:
The Rant with Charles Lamson: To always aspire to create Inspirational, educational and informational content. 
So there you go, the rough draft of the mission statement for The Rant. I just made it up, just now. However, I just remembered that I already do have some sort of mission statement. On the header of my blog just under the picture of me where I typed in, "This is the greatest blog of all time." That is supposed to be where your little mission statement goes. So without even knowing it, it looks like I already created a mission statement for this blog.
The Rant with Charles Lamson: This is the greatest blog of all time.
That is pretty good. I am sticking with that.

Summary

The Conclusion

8:27 PM

It has been an okay day as far as proactivity goes. I created a mission statement for this blog. That is proactive. I started sliding into reactive behavior the first part of the day just laying here watching old westerns on you tube and smoking marijuana, but then I proactively shattered that paradigm when I made the choice to publish my daily post on my proactive blog which is all about proactivity. 

For tomorrow I would like to go over some more weekly roles and goals. Until then, have a pleasant evening and a proactive tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Accounting: The Language of Business - Vol. 2 (Intermediate: Part 145)

2 Corinthians 8:21 "Money should be handled in such a way that is defensible against any accusation" Short-Term Operating Assets: ...