Mission Statement

The Rant's mission is to offer information that is useful in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, and everyday life.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Day Thirty-Five of The Thirty Day Proactive Test


Attack on Zeus City!

My city is called Zeus City.

It is in the world of Helorus.

My city is on a small island. I share this island with fourteen other cities. They are all very warlike. Today I was attacked by Bullet Town.

We had been under an island-wide truce for some time. When the truce ended today, I guess the folks at Bullet City thought they would be cute and try to attack me. It probably seemed to them to be easy pickins. I am a smaller city with no alliances. However, I have been playing this game for awhile. I am not a complete idiot. So, during the truce, I was being proactive and building up my army, because I figured some asshole would try this as soon as the ceasefire was lifted.

So this bastard tried to attack me with 57 swordsmen. Meanwhile, defending Zeus City, I 111 swordsmen, 2 Slingers, 6 Archers, 5 Hoplites, 12 Horsemen, 5 Chariots and 28 Divine Envoys. Not too shabby. Needless to say, I killed all his Swordsmen and I only lost 6 Swordsmen, 1 Horseman and 1 Divine Envoy. May they rest in peace.

Meanwhile: Back On Earth

Day 35 of The 30 Day Proactive Test

12:15 PM

It is almost lunch time, but I thought I would try to squeeze in a little writing here before my tray arrives. That is right, I am still in the hospital, but I have exciting news! This morning the doctor came to visit me and told me all my blood tests are looking good. The kidney infection has been vanquished! So I can be discharged and go home. Yay! At first, they just wanted to send me home today, but since I am a cripple in a wheelchair, I live by myself, I don't drive, I need prescriptions and I have to tell healthcare worker when to be there; since i have to make all those arrangements, I told them it is unacceptable to just throw me out without warning. I will be needing one day to make all those arrangements. They agreed to this. So I will be returning home tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile: Back on Helorus

Zeus City Joins The Dragonborn Alliance

Great News

I was asked to join The Dragonborn Alliance, which is great news. I guess the folks at Bullet Town do not hold a grudge. Because, as mentioned above, they are the ones who attacked me earlier and they are part of the powerful Dragonborn Alliance, and instead of being spiteful and vindictive about me crushing their attacking force with my superior defensive units, they apparently liked what they saw because not long after that attack, I was asked to join their alliance.

This is very good news because as I mentioned above, I have been playing this game for awhile so I have some halfway decent skills, but without alliances, you get picked on and even wiped out a lot in this game. It is not easy to get into a good alliance, .and this is the most powerful alliance in this world.

So that is a weight lifted off my shoulders. It looks like I am going to have a little bit more protection. my hold in this world feels a little bit more secure.

Meanwhile: Back On Earth

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Habit 3 (Put First Things First) - Application Suggestions

2. Draw a time management matrix. and try to estimate what percentage of your time you spend in each quadrant. Then log your time for three days in fifteen minute intervals. How accurate was your estimate? are you satisfied with the way you spend your time? What do you need to change?

Wow, a three day exercise. I guess it is time to bring back the old time management matrix. Those of you who are regulars to this blog will probably recognize it.

Time Management Matrix
Urgent                                                             Not Urgent
       
ImportantQuadrant I

Activities:

Crises
Pressing problems
Deadline-driven projects
Quadrant II

Activities:

Prevention, production capability activities*
Relationship building
Recognizing new opportunities
Planning, recreation
Not importantQuadrant III

Activities:

Interruptions, some calls
Some mail, some reports
Some meetings
Pressing matters
Popular activities
Quadrant IV

Activities:

Trivia
Busy work
Some mail
Some phone calls
Time wasters
Pleasant activities

Just as a quick estimate, I would guess I spend about ten percent of my time in Quadrant I, dealing with crises and pressing problems. With the disability and health problems, sometimes emergency situations happen. I am going to  say I spend about half my time in Quadrants III and IV. Dividing that up between the two of them means 25 percent in Quadrant III and 25% in Quadrant IV. So that means about 40 % of my time is spent in Quadrant II. So for the next 3 days I will log my time that I spend in these quadrants in fifteen minute intervals in this blog.

3. Make a list of the responsibilities you could delegate and the people you could delegate to or train to be responsible in these areas. Determine what is needed to start the process of delegation or training.

List of Responsibilities I Can Delegate and The People Who Can Do It

Grocery Shopping - Debbie
Handle my money, pay my bills on time, give me my spending cash, etc, - Sennie or Amanda at Delta Center
Do laundry every week - Debbie

To get the process of delegation or training started, I just have to ask.

Summary

Last Day of Hospital Stay

4:45 PM

It has been a very proactive day. I am laying in bed as I write this. I am stiff and sore. I am waiting on a shot of dilaudid.  That should help. My paranoia tells me they are probably intentionally going extra slow so as to space out the shots of the sweet drug and this is my last day here, So they probably do not want to be giving me tons of pain drugs the night before i go home. The nurse just popped  in and asked me what was my pleasure, Dilaudid? Damn straight. So  that was all probably in my head. At home to treat pain, I usually just do tons of Tylenol and baclofen. and alcohol and weed and meth.

The pain and spasms started getting a lot worse with that crazy kidney infection, so I started getting out of control with the Tylenol and baclofen, eating handfuls at a time because no one was really considering seriously my wacky idea that maybe I should be in the hospital being treated for a kidney infection.

5:16

Just got my shot. Feeling good. Tomorrow I  am going to get a big huge bottle of whiskey and just chill and relax. I might get other drugs too, like weed, because I like feeling pleasure. 

This weekend is mother's day. I guess I have to be nice to my mom.

I am waiting on dinner, a cheeseburger and fries and cottage cheese and milk and coffee.


Click to see William Shatner's unforgettable performance of Elton John's "Rocket Man."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Accounting: The Language of Business - Vol. 2 (Intermediate: Part 145)

2 Corinthians 8:21 "Money should be handled in such a way that is defensible against any accusation" Short-Term Operating Assets: ...